Wellington’s Beers at the Basin Festival is back on Saturday TBC 2024!
Imagine yourself sitting on the grass embankment, having a refreshing beverage and listening to some fine tunes, all while basking in the sun! What better way to spend a Saturday!
Hosted at one of Wellington’s iconic venues, Beers at the Basin is a one-day Festival showcasing some of the best Craft Breweries, Local Wineries, Street Food, and Music that NZ has to offer.
The Festival vendors can be viewed on the vendor page, with all beverage vendors having standardised drink prices as per the below guide.
All food menu items will be limited to a maximum price
Please see the individual vendor menus on their listings for what will be on offer (GF, DF, V available).
Cashless Event: EFTPOS & Credit Only
Beers at the Basin is a 100% cashless Festival, all vendors will be accepting contactless payments via EFTPOS & Credit with Paywave available.
- Eftpos/Debit card
- Debit Visa/Mastercard
- Credit Visa/Mastercard
- Prezzy Cards are accepted
Please note we will not take Amex, Diners or Union Pay cards.
With no cash to handle, this helps our vendor’s process transactions quickly, which means more time for you to enjoy the Festival!
Eftpos is the preferred payment method as Credit may result in a surcharge.
Festival gates are open from 11am – 7pm.
On arrival please match your ticket name with the correct lane (GA or VIP).
When approaching the gate, please have your ticket ready to scan, either a printed version or displayed on your phone via the Eventbrite app (available on the App Store or Google Play). Your ticket will be scanned and you’ll be given a Festival Wristband.
Please be prepared to show your valid ID. Beers at the Basin is a restricted event. We are able to accept a New Zealand Driver’s License, a New Zealand or Foreign Passport, Kiwi Access card or a HANZ 18+ card as identification.
Please note all bags are subject to inspection at any point during the Festival. Bottles, cans, glass, food, drink, alcohol, illicit drugs, illegal substances, fireworks, explosives or anything that can be used as a weapon cannot be brought into the Festival.
Also please leave your animals, furniture and children at home – you can bring blankets or picnic mats.
In order to protect the Cello Basin Reserve, No high heels or stiletto heels are allowed into the Festival.
As you enter, you’ll be given a Festival Cup and your Festival Guide. And then you’re good to go!
Beers at the Basin is a licenced liquor event operating under strict regulations. We reserve the right to refuse entry if suitable photo ID cannot be presented on request.
We reserve the right to remove any individuals from the Festival whose behaviour prevents other visitors from having a good time. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but isn’t limited to, intoxication, fighting and rudeness.
Alcohol sales are closed strictly 30mins before the end of the Festival, an announcement will be made reminding you before sales are going to end.
Some other general housekeeping rules to be aware of are:
- No high heels or stiletto heels are allowed into the Festival
- Use the correct lane on entry to the Festival, to speed up your experience.
- Children and babies are not permitted under the Festival restricted liquor license (no exceptions).
- Safe transport options home will be available if you need a taxi or uber, please ask any staff member.
- No Smoking or vaping is permitted inside the Basin Reserve, no exceptions (there will be a dedicated area outside the main Festival entry)
- Pass Outs are not available – once you leave the Festival you won’t be allowed back in.
- Alcohol cannot be taken outside the Festival.
- If you lose your Festival cup this will not be replaced.
- Please do not bring any animals (except for guide dogs),
- Please do not bring musical instruments, big outdoor umbrellas (you are welcome to bring rain umbrellas) or furniture with you (that includes blow up or inflatable items). You can bring blankets or picnic mats.
- Outside food & beverages cannot be brought into the Festival.
- You can bring in an empty clear opaque water bottle (no glass) – there will be free water available.
- Remember your sunscreen, sun hats, rainwear (if required) and warm clothing (no pass outs).
Promotional photos and video will be taken at the Festival and by purchasing a ticket and / or attending the event you give permission for your likeness to be used by Beers at the Basin.
If you do not want your image used by Beers at the Basin in any future promotional activity please locate a Beers at the Basin senior crew member at the Festival and let them know.
ID Accepted: A HANZ Card, Kiwi Access card, a New Zealand Drivers License, New Zealand or Foreign Passport.
If you have lost or misplaced your ticket, please do not fear.
You can search your emails for Eventbrite <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alternatively you can log in to your Eventbrite account and head to “Tickets”
If all else fails a ticketing reminder will be resent automatically 72 hours before the festival opens.
All ticketing questions should be directed to Eventbrite website as first point of contact